- Pitch Perfect: Vocal Pitch and the Emotional Intensity of Congressional Speech on Women. (with Matt Hayes and Diana O'Brien) (Forthcoming, American Political Science Review)
- Emotional Arousal Predicts Votes on the Supreme Court. (with Ryan D. Enos and Maya Sen), 2019, Political Analysis 27(2): 237-243.
- Contextual Determinants of Observed Negative Emotional States in Police-Community Interactions. (with David A. Makin, Dale W. Willits, Wendy Koslicki, Rachael Brooks, and Rachel L. Bailey), 2019, Criminal Justice and Behavior 46(2): 301-318.
- Geovisual Text Analytics for Exploring Spatiotemporal Variation in Public Discourse on Twitter. (with Caglar Koylu and Ryan L. Larson), 2019, Cartography and Geographic Information Science 46(1): 57-71.
- When Candidates Debate, Does Social Media Listen? (with Courtney Juelich), 2018, Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties 28(2): 208-224.
- Personality and Legislative Politics: The Big Five Trait Dimensions among U.S. State Legislators (with Scott Lasley, Jeffery J. Mondak, Megan L. Remmel and Joel Turner), 2012, Political Psychology 33(2):179-306.